Tuesday, February 24, 2009

     I wanted to post today but I am having trouble knowing where to start.  I have soooo many things rolling around in my little brain.  I guess I will start with money.  I love the idea of living self sufficient, at least when it comes to food.  I think that is one reason I love to can.  I am also sure you have noticed rising prices at the grocery.  So I have been thinking of ways to save money when it comes to food.  I have been clipping coupons and finding great deals(thanks to my sister who is the coupon guru).  I really think the best way to save money is to stock up.  I don't mean go out and stock up, but stock up when stuff is on sale. I like being able to go into my pantry and throw something together at the last minute.  It helps to keep us from eating out which also saves us money. I also think when I make menus and stock the pantry I don't run to the store as much, which also saves us money.  I have found that if you just get the free stuff at CVS, you can stock up with toiletries quickly.  I also like having things in the pantry to fix spur of the moment meals for sick friends or for the kids to take to the church pantry.  Now what would really be a money saver and really cool is if we grew and canned everything for our pantry.  No silly, not the toilet paper!!  Just the food. lol. 
     I guess I am thinking of this because today was market day for me.  I was headed out to a few more places when the vet and the farrier showed up to work on Little Bit's hooves.  The vet sedated her and the farrier used a hack saw and a sander to take off the ridiculously  long hooves.  And then she was given some pain medicine.  So hopefully she will be feeling better soon.  The vet said he had only seen pictures of hooves this bad.  Speaking of Little Bit reminds me that I need to check on her before I head to bed.  Hope I haven't rattled on too much.  Hope everyone has a restful evening.
Angie
     

No comments: